The 2020 Training Program is currently SOLD OUT, if you would like to be added to a waitlist, please email Layne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HALF MARATHON TRAINING PROGRAM
The Half Marathon Training Program is administered by Mike Rush, owner of Rush Running Company, Bentonville, AR.
Program fee: $200 (includes training plan, registration into the Run Bentonville Half Marathon, Entry into the Valentines 8k, and entry into the Irish 10k)
Training Program will begin in December 2019!
- Training program includesWaiver of participating must be signed at first attended group runSaturday group run is highly recommended to keep you on task. Two optional group runs are available on Monday and Wednesday evenings at 6 p.m. Monday is a speed session at Old Tiger Stadium on Tiger Blvd in Bentonville, and the Wednesday session is a fun run that leaves from the Downtown Activity Center in Bentonville.
- 15 weeks of clinics and group runs
- Clinics include micro-classes on hydration, fuel and nutrition, stretching, and injury prevention
- Group Runs meet every Saturday beginning in December
- Complete program from start to finish to prepare you to run 13.1 miles by March 30th.
- Training Program starter kit includes
- Step by step guide on how to train for a half marathon
- Water bottle
- Official training shirt
- Race number belt
- Reflective vest
- All clinics and Saturday group runs meet at the Downtown Activity Center, 215 SW A Street, Bentonville, AR at 7:00am.
- Massage therapist or certified ART (Active Release Therapy) specialist at every clinic/group run to assist those in training with any soreness issues
- Race Day VIP Area-the Downtown Activity Center will be reserved the morning of the half marathon from 6 a.m.-8 a.m. exclusively for those in the training program. The DAC will be stocked with pre-race fluids and food, warm rooms, and private restrooms. DAC also has shower facilities available for those that would like to shower after the race.
- Drop bags and secure location for personal items for those enrolled in the training program will be available at the Downtown Activity Center on the morning of the race. Feel free to leave your valuables and warm gear in your drop bag at the Downtown Activity Center while you run..
Mike and Allison Rush, owners1600-2 DE J StreetBentonville, AR 72712(479) 464-7866www.rushrunning.com
Testimonials from the Training Program:
"Training Program was awesome. I feel like a "runner" now. It's a way of life for me. Very inspiring. Challenging. Great for mind/body/soul. I feel so refreshed after our runs. Loved running as a group on Saturdays. Loved meeting new people!"
"I went from a 5k twice a year to this 1/2 marathon. Dream come true. I fully expected to finish under 2 hours. Couldn't have done it without the training group! Many thank you all the volunteers who made it happen!!"
"I now have a greater appreciation for running! I understand how to prevent injury, proper breathing pattern, proper nutrition, and more! It has been a great experience!"
"I've lost 12 pounds total so far. After my first baby I promised to do a better job of getting healthier. I've found that I love to run! Thanks for all your support!"